SQART

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
Sloppy horror-practice.

Sometime I just want to bang something out quickly just to get it out of my system. It's a right-and-proper splash of cold water on your face when you imagine something "so brilliant", and it comes out looking like its idiot inbred cousin. It's a handy reminder to one's self of what you can't draw (yet). :p

Last edited:

Maynard

*eyeroll*
Sloppy horror-practice.

Sometime I just want to bang something out quickly just to get it out of my system. It's a right-and-proper splash of cold water on your face when you imagine something "so brilliant", and it comes out looking like its idiot inbred cousin. It's a handy reminder to one's self of what you can't draw (yet). :p
But this is rad! I would use this in an adventure!

squeen

You are being too generous...and I can prove it.

The curvy/reflective thing in the foreground...is nothing! Just a placeholder for a figure, or a shield, or something to block the skeleton's feet.
:)

...but thank you very much for the encouragement. I want to draw, but I just don't have the time to polish anything up for that last 20% (which takes 80% of the time). Quick sketches to relax is all I can squeeze in at the moment.

Here's another unfinished one: Eowyn and the Lord of the Nazgul (after a painting by Donato Giancola except with an extra helping of "Wonder Woman"). Almost always, I have an idea or notion I'd like to practice...and once that's done my drive to finish the details goes with it---or, as in this case, I screw up the original pencils trying to "improve it" and haven't got the heart to deconstruct and redo it.

Last edited:

squeen

Utter non-sense...because, as we all know, nothing says D&D more than a monkey-orc riding a rhinoceros along the beach at sunset.

Last edited:

squeen

Two version of a giant moth attack (mangling a Peter Mullen DCC piece) as I stumbling around learning perspective.

In the first, the moth is tiny and in front of the fighter (oops!), and in the other it's huge and behind him as intended.

Last edited:

squeen

To me, the first one looks huge and behind him.
Definitely my intent, but then...after it was all done...my brain flipped it and I can't un-see him getting ready to swat it! :p

So I GIMP'd some overlap to fix it.

squeen

A certain famous fighter/magic-user (using a photo reference)

Last edited: