grodog's latest activity

• grodog
    grodog reacted to squeen's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    The later Dune books by Frank Herbert (Heritics, Chapterhouse, etc.) were good too. My enthusiasm waned for "Children" (the worst?) and...
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to Osrnoob's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    Dune Messiah is so short! I am almost done
  • grodog
    grodog replied to the thread Who played games with Jim Ward?.
    I played a few MA games with Jim at NTX and/or GaryCon, but it has been a little while now (definitely pre-COVID). Allan.
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to Osrnoob's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    https://tenfootpole.org/ironspike/?p=8208 grodog with the rizz
  • grodog
    Chtorr might just be the one! I'll look into it!
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to Hemlock's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    No, she's a literary character by Steven Brust whose original roots apparently lie in an old RPG campaign that Brust played way back...
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to squeen's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    I bought a Herbert Non-Dune collection back in the early 80s after reading Dune. While weird and exotic, they didn't grab me is the...
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to Howard Andrew Jones's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    Before Corwin even has his memory back he spares Julian. He feels badly that he has to keep leaving Bill in the dark about what's REALLY...
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to squeen's post in the thread My "Megadungeon" with Like Like.
    I am excited to hear that Allan. The hobby may be slow compared to corporate churn---but it's also wonderful when beautiful things live...
  • grodog
    grodog replied to the thread My "Megadungeon".
    Speaking of dungeon design, Tony “Wheggi” Rosten and I will begin working on issue #4 of _The Twisting Stair_ in May (of this year;) )...
  • grodog
    You need dungeons or dungeon maps? Allan.
  • grodog
    Was that my suggestion?? Allan.
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to squeen's post in the thread My "Megadungeon" with Like Like.
    Great suggestion Allan. I whole-heartily second it. To your point on playing classic dungeons---it's that shared experience that knits...
  • grodog
    grodog replied to the thread Book Fucking Talk.
    The one I’ve been waiting on since the late ‘80s/early ‘90s is Gerold’s _War Against the Chtorr_ series, which has made GoT look timely...
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to Beoric's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    No, this is "Book Fucking Talk", she's a character from a series of books by Steven Brust.