Hemlock's latest activity

• H
    Hemlock replied to the thread Book Fucking Talk.
    Good point! That was pretty cool. I would like to hear some of your other examples if you don't mind, just to refresh my memory and my...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Howard Andrew Jones's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    He has more depth than he's aware of, which is one of the great things I love about Zelazny's writing -- the plot and worldbuilding has...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Howard Andrew Jones's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    I spent a pleasant hour this morning reading through all of the posts here over the last few years. Gardner Fox's Kothar and Kyrik...
  • H
    That's fair. Corwin's not necessarily someone I like a lot, but I do know he likes to smoke, gets along with Random but not with Eric...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to squeen's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    Oops! I misreading your original post. Sorry. That mean you and I are split on the Amber protagonist. :P
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Beoric's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Love Love.
    Sure, my comment was more aimed at the "the book is always better than the movie" crowd.
  • H
    That's what I mean: I care about Anne Shirley et al. in a way Herbert never made me care about Duncan Idaho, et alia. I get the feeling...
  • H
    Yes, but for the record I don't think the flaws in the original are the fault of the medium. At the risk of stating the obvious, there's...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Beoric's post in the thread Book Fucking Talk with Like Like.
    This is a good example of how film adaptations, done well, can bring something new to the source material that adds value to the overall...
  • H
    I'd go even further: there's a conspicuous lack of characters, period. The most entertaining parts of Herbert's writing are the...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Malrex's post in the thread So Much Bad Design... with Like Like.
    Rumor/gossip table in my opinion is one of the most important things in a city or town to make it come alive.
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Beoric's post in the thread So Much Bad Design... with Like Like.
    So, I ran it in Eberron, in an area (the Eldeen Reaches) that is a former province of an established power (Aundair), but declared its...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to The Heretic's post in the thread So Much Bad Design... with Like Like.
    I am not sure that this is the appropriate forum for this kind of discussion. This, after all, is a board about game design.
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to The1True's post in the thread So Much Bad Design... with Like Like.
    Don't worry about it. Most of the real haters haven't been around in a while. Without the diferring viewpoints this place would be a...
  • H
    Hemlock reacted to Beoric's post in the thread So Much Bad Design... with Like Like.
    Well, sure, but the modules WotC has been pushing for years ALSO is filled with fetch quests and preprogrammed events. Like, seriously...