Recent content by RoeeAV

1. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Sounds amazing :) I'd buy that book for sure, when it'll come out.
  2. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I agree with you about the description being Dry. Personally i love a good description that uses just enough signifiers that will kick my creative thinking and will enable me to select the proper mechanics that i think would create an interesting possibility space and a dialogue with the...
  3. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Architecturally wise, i don't know if 25ft is a height that can give the arrowslits a good coverage of the room. Partially this dungeon is based on a real place and a real firefight that i participated in. Originally it was a civilian home that was densely close to other civilian homes (so you...
  4. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I hope he will accept. I'm reading through his Blog right now and it has a lot of top-notch materials. I especially loved his 'On Set Design' post.
  5. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I will try to see how it looks with different fonts and a smaller size. Right now, the font size is a 9, which is fairly small in a 100% scale. My concern that anything small then that will be unusable.
  6. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Thank you for these articles, very interesting stuff! I think i will change it to 'Latch lid' it's more accurate and i love the fact that it's a mechanical device the party can discover if they look closely.
  7. RoeeAV

New Year's Adventure Design Contest - The Lair

@DangerousPuhson With the pace i write 'Room Keys' i think i won't win either.
  8. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

Reduced the amount of bulleted paragraphs. Removed the 'Strength checks' from the doors and barrels. Because i felt the the descriptive text will be a good enough signifier for the GM to to give it a DC roll if needed. Updated the map with the proper 'Trap' drawings. Sulfur smell is now...
  9. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I would love to read it! I am now in this rabbit hole of finding the perfect format and layout. Your work might save me alot of headaches LOL :)
  10. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I guess that all the options are valid. But i thought that simply writing it down on the map might be easier to understand then trying to guess it from a width number or a the drawing of the corridor. I think that sometimes text is easier to interpret mechanically. To be honest i did not do the...
  11. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

I wanted the whole room to faintly smell of sulfur, because the gas is released from the walls all around and not from the door. But i think both you and @DangerousPuhson are right, if i mention that the Door smells of sulfur that will connect it better to the trap. Thanks!
  12. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

@DangerousPuhson I love it :) Thanks!
  13. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

It still needs some work, but here goes... 🙈
  14. RoeeAV

How's my 'Room Key'?

@Beoric how would you write the same 'Room Key' if your goal was to minimize the GM's prep work to the minimum and in addition to encourage him/her to creatively remake the room in his/her own version? When i wrote my 'Room Key' I've tried to describe the room/s in a way that'll be very easy...
  15. RoeeAV

New Year's Adventure Design Contest - The Lair

What a great contest! I would love to participate. Anyone's looking for a partner?