Search results

1. E

City Supplements or Adventures

My ADD sets in with these thesis wall of text all to convey some flavor that can be done in a sentence or two. What i find jarring is how the pictures and maps seem to convey a lot more these days than 90 pages of text.
  2. E

Nice...i am going back to reading my favorite city suppliment/adventure- The City of Lies Boxed Set for Rokugan.
  3. E

So each of you are making your own city adventures or settings based on this discussion right? 😁😁
  4. E

I think the biggest difficulty and issue with city supplements and adventures is the show vs. tell. Most default to telling what something is, thus removing all interactivity from the setting. Plus, how useful is 30 pages of city background and history?
  5. E

The one city supplement/adventure that sticks in my mind is The City of Skulls. Way overwritten, but I recall it being pretty interactive (though not a home base).
  6. E

I think i'd buy this based on your concept alone. It's the way i'd think about it- driving a high level of interactivity with "show" and not tell. I especially like the "choose your difficulty"; even that one sentence already has my mind racing about the possibilities. That level of...
  7. E

What are some of the best city supplements or adventures? Most seem to so rote, with little interactivity, often wasting a lot of space trying to be too encyclopedic, with little consideration given to adventuring other than some boring adventure hooks interspersed that seem little to do with...
  8. E

Blarg

It happens at the END of the module, as a set up, presumably, for the next one...
  9. E

Trilemma Adventures Compendium

I think i suggest it for Bryce's review at some point....I enjoyed it on first read through, but have had a really difficult time using any of the adventures in a campaign- not sure why? I keep discarding them every time I consider them.
  10. E

Blarg

So, I recently read a module that purposefully kills all the PCs for the sake of "the story line." (They are not really dead because they have a divine spark or some such). How awful- I can't fathom that people still author "adventures" that take away all player agency.
  11. E

The state of Post-OSR content

I think the problem here is that in most tables I have been in, you have people that prefer steak, spicy indian food, mexican, pizza... there might be common elements that everyone enjoys but some people like tactics, others play for solving puzzles, others play for an engaging and immersive...
  12. E

Runewild and Rosethrone

I ended up buying some random shattered land and broken land products :) They are interesting.
  13. E

Runewild and Rosethrone

Thanks much! I have a bit of time with this, so I will drop some notes on how I am going to integrate the Rosethrone stuff into Runewild. I think a lot of the rosethrone elements are very droppable into hexes, just don't want to overwhelm with too much.
  14. E

Runewild and Rosethrone

You haven’t. You reviewed one adventure which made me look at Runewild and I loved it- dense at times but very runnable (for me), interactive, playable. A hexcrawl with broader themes and more active participants. Rosethrone is better in one aspect in that it’s better at brevity which makes it...
  15. E

Best OSR System

I just picked up Slater's Blood and Treasure D&D retro clone and like it lots upon first glance. Seems to preserve the stuff i like and add some fun variations and expansion on stronghold stuff.
  16. E

Tekumel

Thanks for the great feedback, all of you! And Melan for further pushing me down the rabbit hole. I have City of Vultures (and i think all of your stuff), which i will delve into more deeply now.
  17. E

Tekumel

It's one of those settings I have had passing interest in. Anyone understand the setting? Is it worth delving into? Any good adventures?
  18. E

That’s your fault :)
  19. E

All this factionalism perceived is largely a function of people choosing to live in virtual worlds and mistaking those engagements to be reality and truth which is patently false. Go talk to your neighbors.
  20. E

Well, I had my group recently generate 9th level characters in front of me (4d6 drop the lowest) for Queen of Spiders; one of the characters not only rolled an 18/00 (first time I have seen it happen) but also rolled randomly gauntlets of ogre power and girdle of giant strength. Thankfully many...