Search results

1. L

Ask Melan

Greetings again, Melan! My boys and I have been getting plenty of mileage out of the Vaults of Volokarnos; 14 (short-ish) sessions in and things have really grown. I suspect it won't be long til they set sail for adventure around the Coastlands, or Erillion (this is assuming they don't read a...
  2. L

Ask Melan

Ah, that all helps immensely! Especially those extra nuggets of context about C&C, which mostly explain why certain little details were tripping me up (not knowing the assumed diversions from B/X). Cheers mate 🙏 Now I can do it all wrong on purpose!! :p
  3. L

Ask Melan

Hello again 🙂 WRT gods in the "Wanderlands": how do you differentiate between followers, divine champions, and clerics? I'm also wondering, is there an intended mechanical purpose for the weapons listed under each god? Apologies if my last post was too detailed; I'm sure you probably have...
  4. L

Ask Melan

Well I bought a bunch of EMDT stuff and it rocks! So far I'm finding everything very quick to read and absorb (GM-friendly indeed ;)), as well as exciting—this stuff makes me want to play! I'm gearing up to run The Vaults of Volokarnos very soon, and am hoping to maybe lure my players to...
  5. L

Ask Melan

Thanks both of you for taking the time to respond—very helpful indeed! I didn't actually realise the City of Vultures and Fomalhaut were separate from the rest, so that's useful to know. The inspirations you list for Fomalhaut are a very cool mixture! I will definitely be visiting your Big...
  6. L

Ask Melan

I'm weighing up potential purchases of some of the EMDT stuff and have a few questions regarding the overarching setting from Echoes. I'm hoping someone gracious here who has the material can throw me a bone, if not Melan himself. One thing I'm struggling to get a handle on precisely is how...