AI art

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
New beginners course at Proko

squeen

A fella over at Byrne Robotics forum asked an AI program for a picture of Namor in the style of Arthur Rackum and go this:

AI_Namor_small.jpg

squeen

Also just noticed the plans are to f*** the Namor character up big-time in the MCU. No more Atlantis. No more arrogant bastard. Yet another sympathetic Noble Savage. Shit. These Disney/Hollywood people. If Marvel had started this way with their movies, the whole notion would have died at birth. If they're so brilliant, why don't they just make up an entirely new universe of heroes all on their own...if they feel so compelled to screw with them so thoroughly.

Oh, the stupid masses! They never read or liked comic books. But now the art-crowd is making movies based on them because of the money involved. WELL, since the film artistes hate comics so much and think the sun shines out of their arse-holes, they are just going to continually f*** with everything that has already gone through the crucible of decades and was proven to be use-ably good.

Oh, yeah! They are SO creative---everything they touch will be gold.

Idiots! Proud, arrogant, idiots!

Isn't it well past time to acknowledge that MCU Phase 2 has failed? 95% garbage.

squeen

Christiano Ronaldo is who they should have gotten to play Namor. He's got the impossibly perfect physique, otherworldly looks, and aura of arrogance. He wouldn't even have to act the part...it's his life (except for breathing underwater).

Hemlock

Should be playing D&D instead
Here's an interesting application for art, potentially including the random stuff that winds up inserting itself into AI art: pictorial maps and/or inventories.

I think the human-created examples in that article are likely to be better for gameplay (this map looks fantastic as a document to give your players at the start of an adventure episode), but it does have some applicability to AI art as well, and at any rate I thought it was worth sharing the article.