Date of Expiration Kicked Ass

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
I've gotten increasingly picky about which of these 'Bests' or 'No Regrets' I pick up. Especially since my weird collector's OCD forces me to buy hardcopy whenever possible. 'Date of Expiration' is my jam. Lots of Art, lots of dice-rolling, lots of weird stuff for PC's to interact with. Fun to read, and it looks fun to play.

I'm a little unclear on how this vertical dungeon looks as a three dimensional object in the world. Graphite did give it a solid shot with artwork, but it still seems like a physically impossible structure. I guess that's my only beef with the thing. I'm curious as to the creative fugue-state that brought this thing into being. The artist's broad, violent brush-strokes on the map are pretty wild and have to have been the inception for the project.

Anyway, fantastic stuff. A really good call @bryce0lynch . Super gratifying to be led to an incredibly satisfying product like this. Graphite, if you're out there, thanks for a really fun read and a genuinely playable piece of artpunk!

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Question for the folks out there: I'm noticing more authors are doing their printing on Amazon (or selling their hardcopy through Amazon anyway?) I picked up @Agonarchartist 's excellent 'On Downtime and Demesne' this way too. I'm curious why they're making this choice. As a consumer it's not super great because I don't automatically get the PDF. I'm assuming it has something to do with dtrpg's fulfilment policies?

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
Its cheaper and if prime free shipping. No PDF is a bummer but I know many creators will send you one with contact ie Gabor

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
I have to admit this one looks really inventive (in the best way) on how it was put together with the maps. I've always like good, clear, localized maps...and lots of them.

Malrex

So ... slow work day? Every day?
Question for the folks out there: I'm noticing more authors are doing their printing on Amazon (or selling their hardcopy through Amazon anyway?) I picked up @Agonarchartist 's excellent 'On Downtime and Demesne' this way too. I'm curious why they're making this choice. As a consumer it's not super great because I don't automatically get the PDF. I'm assuming it has something to do with dtrpg's fulfilment policies?
My guess is that Amazon may take a smaller cut than Dtrpg and also may reach a bigger audience.

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
NOU

The Matrix is gone. You might be familiar with the video game replica where most everything is the same. Everyone loves it, the boomers at least.

You tricked yourself into believing that your reality is a simulation when in effect this is what you wanted to believe. Media designed to confirm your own bias.

Testing is currently underway.