Dungeon23

This seems to be catching on. Grognardia had a post about it, there's a thread on Dragonsfoot about it, and it popped up in a random RPG Discord server I'm on that isn't even OSR -focused.

It's a neat idea, but I'm worried about Bryce. Is he going to be inundated with half-assed 365-room dungeons in 2024?

Yora

Should be playing D&D instead
People on Mastodon are all over it.

But I really wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the year, there's not a single person having done all 356 rooms. It just seems too big and over too much time.
And even if people manage to create 365 individual rooms. That doesn't make an interesting dungeon yet. I am particularly doubtful about the recommendation to not plan ahead or worry about patterns or consistency. A big pile of random disconnected room does not make even a decent megadungeon. What's in it for the players to enjoy about?

Beoric

8, 8, I forget what is for
That doesn't make an interesting dungeon yet. I am particularly doubtful about the recommendation to not plan ahead or worry about patterns or consistency. A big pile of random disconnected room does not make even a decent megadungeon. What's in it for the players to enjoy about?
That would be like writing 365 random verses of "poetry", and calling it a ballad.

It's a neat idea, but I'm worried about Bryce. Is he going to be inundated with half-assed 365-room dungeons in 2024?
Bryce needs someone to vet his "to review" list before he gets to look at it.

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
Ha! The RPG version of joining a gym in the New Year! :)

Seriously, though...the kids have been back for the holidays and we've already managed to get a few games in. Consequently, I've had to churn out a bunch of new content to stay ahead of them. It's been really nice...but of course that means I haven't picked up a pencil for an equally long amount of time.

You just can't do it all.