Fuckin' Videogames, Man

DangerousPuhson

Should be playing D&D instead
Anybody playing/buying/awaiting any good games lately?

I just went through Return of the Obra Dinn recently which I found quite enjoyable and most definitely a unique logic game. I still have a backlog in my Steam account of a few dozen games I've yet to crack into after some recent buying splurges.

UBOAT also recently came out and looks sweet, so I bought it, but my CPU needs some major upgrading because that shit keeps crashing on me. Oh well, back to killing time in XCOM I guess.

You guys?

Malrex

So ... slow work day? Every day?
I don't play video games much anymore...but maybe once every 2 weeks, I hop on with an old buddy who lives far away and we play Dark Age of Camelot---a game we used to play together like 20 years ago.
I still play a little Warcraft 2 and Starcraft as a break.

At some point, Id like to play the Baldur's Gate games again. I guess I'm stuck liking the older games...I tried the new Guildwars 2 (hmm...7 years old now?) but all the explosions and what not just made it feel flat to me.

Yora

I am still working on my big backlog. Last games I bought were Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3. Probably going to get Sekiro, Ghost of Tsushima, and maybe Metro Exodus some day.
But for now I am busy replaying Baldur's Gate 2, Warcraft 3, Starcraft 1, Metal Gear Solid 1-4, Mass Effect 1-3, Mirror's Edge, Witcher 2+3, Halo 2, 3, ODST, Reach, and Knights of the Old Republic. I think that might take me some 2-4 years, and after that I might want to replay them all again.

DangerousPuhson

I'm on the fence about Sekiro... Days Gone is the other one I'm looking at getting.

Anyone have any insights for either?

Slick

*eyeroll*
For a while now I've mostly just been playing co-op games with friends, specifically Deep Rock Galactic and Vermintide. Occasionally I'll boot up my Raspberry Pi and play some Yoshi's Island or something though.
Anyone have any insights for either?
The main thing to note about Sekiro is that it is not a Souls game, it's an action game closer to something like DevilMayCry. I know people who liked it and people who bounced off of it really quick, the latter being the ones who enjoyed DeS/DS/BB more for their exploration aspects than the "hardcore superhard" combat.

Osrnoob

Playing my still functioning recently recovered Game Boy Advance right now. Feels good

Finished Chrono Trigger for the first time.

Playing Aria of Sorrow.

Realizing that all I ever played is Pokemon, Exploration/ReExploration 2d Games, JRPGs and Platformers

Osrnoob

Classic. Played Earthbound yet (I suspect yes if you're deep into JRPGs)?
SAD

I got halfway through I think

SAVE FILE CORRUPTED

I loves it but need to muster the strength to start again, I always hate loosing my place with art

#RELEASEMOTHER3

DangerousPuhson

Ah, same shit happened to me when I was running through Super Mario RPG - damn ROMs and their shady instabilities!

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Anyone tried Disco Elysium? I'm waiting for it to show up on console.

Osrnoob

Its interesting. 2d6 on screen like Traveller that is skill based

Very transparent with dice in a way most games background

PrinceofNothing

High Executarch
Staff member
[Earthbound] I loves it but need to muster the strength to start again, I always hate loosing my place with art
It's good but kinda grindy. I think I got lost somewhere in the desert pixelbitching for that second contact lens. The writing is fantastically offbeat, but like Planescape the gameplay is a little ho-hum. PST is a masterpiece.

Realizing that all I ever played is Pokemon, Exploration/ReExploration 2d Games, JRPGs and Platformers
Castlevania IV or Hagane?

I am 36 hours into Divine Divinity. The setting is generic as fuck but all the little encounters and easter eggs are interesting. Its a weird cross between diablo and baldurs gate that probably should not work but does.

Osrnoob

Thats sweet, never played it but I hear great things. I have Divinity Original Sin 2 waiting to go! I hear Co-Op in that game is an uber blast, super pumped.

I hear its great great. I think you would love Disco Elysium if you have played those other games, give it a shot and let us know!

This is the DS Castlevania. You control 2 characters at one time. Path of Radiance maybe? Not sure, but its solid.

I think Aria of Sorrow is my favorite Castlevania game, its either that or Symphony of the Night!

bryce0lynch

i fucking hate writing ...
Staff member
Kiddo says:

Act 1 completed. Lots os visual bugs and melee controls seem iffy. Game is good enough and campaign is engaging. Also, his computer is now a space heater, due to the game.