I hope this fucking place burns to the fucking ground

bryce0lynch

i fucking hate writing ...
Staff member
I cannot fucking stand it here. It's nothig but a complete shit sdhow day after fucking day. I have had to eat so much shit this month, this week and today that it is absolutly fucking unbearable. Fucking customers bith. The fucking SD makes excuses and bitch. I try to get involved since they seem absolutly fucking incapable, and I get people trying to make my fucking life harder. Involve project management. Man, fuck them. Thats a heavyweight process and I don't even understand the mother fucking problem space yet. Maybe we can talk the fuck about it first? So I call the head PM and eat shit and get them to fucking agree with me. I start the process of getting a group together. Dude on another system gets all fucking pissy. I dont need to be involved, me being so shows I have no fucking confidence in him. Man, fuck him. I'm involved because im the fucking moron that raisedthe fucking issue. How about throwing me a fucking bone. Ass he fucking is is passive fucking aggressive. I try to apologize. He doubles down on both. I try to call him to difuse the situation. He ignores me and says hes busy with important htis this morning. Man, fuck his fucking ass! I finally eat some MORE shit and apologize, for what I know not, and I get a thanks for the apology. Now hes asking questions. Fuck him man. Why the fuck should I get involved. Why the fuck should I ever get involved. So I can make my fucking life harder and more miserable? Maybe you should all just fuck right off and live in the filth fucking pile that you create. But, oh, no, I get to eat shit with the fucking customers because I am good at it. And who the fuck do I have to vent to? Absolutly fucking no one. I get to internalize this fucking shit and squeeze it down in to the ball in my chest. The boss? So I get can geta report and he can think less of me? Nop. Girlfriend? No, lets not burned her. SOmeone else? WHy the fuck would they care.

I cant fucking stand this shit.

The Heretic

Should be playing D&D instead
Oof that sucks, I feel for ya, man. Hang in there, you can retire soon!

Maybe you could review some more ArtPunk, as a way to release all that anger?

Or maybe you need to review something good? I know you don't want to review the classics, since everyone does those, but maybe it would be worth your while to do so. I for one would love to see you gush about Tegel Manor or the Caverns of Thracia. It would be a great way for you to show why you like those modules so much, and what people could learn from them.

Johann

*eyeroll*
Sorry to hear that you've had a really shitty day. Try to take a deep breath, maybe take your girlfriend out for a movie, get outside.

Beoric

8, 8, I forget what is for
Yeah, there is generally no upside to bailing people out; more work for you, usually no credit for success, blame if you fail to fix the original fuckup, grief from those who think you are trying to make them look bad. If you aren't actually responsible for their work, best to let them wallow in their own incompetence.

Sadly, I know this from bitter experience...

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
That's fine as long as the organization is large enough to survive your colleagues fucking up. Otherwise you're kind of obligated to step in in order to save your own job...

Still, utterly thankless.

Other people are the worst. :p

Johann

*eyeroll*
To quote Bob Herzog from Knights of the Dinner Table: "I've had a bad day at work. Something's gonna die in the dungeon tonight."

Beoric

That's fine as long as the organization is large enough to survive your colleagues fucking up. Otherwise you're kind of obligated to step in in order to save your own job...

Still, utterly thankless.

Other people are the worst. :p
In an organization that small your efforts should be noticed. If not, then it may be time to find a different organization.

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
In an organization that small your efforts should be noticed. If not, then it may be time to find a different organization.
To which the usually insecure-me would reply that it's easy to talk about polishing off the decades-old resume and walking out, but quite another thing entirely to actually do it in your 40's or 50's.

But got DYAMN the job market is HOT right now! I'm fighting off head-hunters with a machete here. So yeah... walking away, or at least talking about it loudly around your employer is definitely an option. Although, it sounds an awful lot like the man is inches away from cashing in the old 401k and calling it a day. Start using up those sick days like my old man did. He had like 6 months saved up :ROFLMAO:

Beoric

To which the usually insecure-me would reply that it's easy to talk about polishing off the decades-old resume and walking out, but quite another thing entirely to actually do it in your 40's or 50's.
Find a new job, then quit. Although that can be harder if you are in an industry where seniority inside an organization matters.

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
I want a Bryce update! Love you Bryce!

Will Craig continue post retirement? Will the megadngn grow