Lord Dunsany in the news

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
There have also been sightings of snipe and stoats...
Sounds like a good place for an adventure! :)

If you nature loving folks haven't seen The Biggest Little Farm, I highly recommend it.

There is just something about the connection the Brits seems to have with the country side that comes out in their early 20th century writing that really speaks to me.

Last edited:

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Writing your own megadungeon, or reading one?
I'm not even writing it. I'm just bogged down mapping the stupid thing. Hell, it's not even the focus of the stupid mini-campaign, it just sort of ballooned. This is definitely a template case of sunk-cost fallacy. I need to walk away and go enjoy the spring sunshine. I did this to myself and I hate it.

But yeah, reading one can be a drag as well, eh. I loved 'Darkness at Nekemte' but I couldn't get very far into 'Gunderholfen'. I also ended up speed-reading Stonehell after a few levels. I've gotten through all the Gillespie's, but that may be a factor of the rich illustration more than anything else. I often wonder if that dude breaks even on his projects...

squeen

I still haven't made it through the PDF of Arden Vul I bought a year ago. Might be different if it I had a hardcopy.

The1True

I still haven't made it through the PDF of Arden Vul I bought a year ago. Might be different if it I had a hardcopy.
Isn't it like 5 volumes in hard copy? Like $40 a piece or something? That's what stalled me anyway...

squeen

I think you're right, but I get little enjoyment from reading PDFs. OFS (Old Fart Syndrome)?

The1True

I think you're right, but I get little enjoyment from reading PDFs. OFS (Old Fart Syndrome)?
Agreed. I think that's why there's a lot of chatter on this forum about people amassing huge piles of unread PDF's. I recall Thilo Graff having to take a big break from his Endzeitgeist reviews due to constantly reading PDF's on his computer screen. I frequently take a hard pass on well-reviewed products because I can't get hard-copy.

Beoric

If it weren't for reading PDFs on a tablet when I'm trying to get to sleep I wouldn't read anything. Too much interference from kids if I try to read anywhere else.

squeen

If it weren't for reading PDFs on a tablet when I'm trying to get to sleep I wouldn't read anything. Too much interference from kids if I try to read anywhere else.
Darwinian evolution --- you will survive in the coming age. I think my number is up.

The1True

Tablets cause eye-strain. And PDF's suck ASS on the Kindle.

I definitely love my kindle though. As a society, we've been taught to revere and venerate books to the point where they follow us around from house to house, gradually accreting in an enormous, cumbrous library. How many of these things am I ever going to read again?

I tell myself that I will buy it in digital and then if it's really good, I will get hard copy to put pride of place on the the shelf. But of course, having been purchased once, who really wants to sink further cash into a thing that has already been enjoyed? Maybe if I see it at a book sale? Obviously, that's not going to happen with these esoteric PoD materials...

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
We need more ebooks in the osr. PDFs suck! Got a new ereader and manga is great with koreader.

We need everything in epub. PDFs are the past fuck adobe.

Zoom zoom

The1True

Oooooh. Thanks for the ref. Very interesting. I'm getting pretty sick of my Kindle. I want a low eye-strain viewer with a bigger screen and colour pixels so I can stop buying so many physical comic books (and maybe start reading this ridiculous collection of DTRPG PDF's I've amassed).