New Campaign Workshop- Legend of the Faded Suns

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
Read the first link (wheew! I thought I was long-winded).

I think very highly of Baker. He's got all the right notions and a nice light-touch.

Still...there so much codified---even though he's trying to be open-ended and vague. It would feel like a straight-jacket for me. I'd prefer to "be Baker", than play in his sandbox. The joy of creation, and all that.

squeen

Freaking awesome map! How did you make it?

I will say that I assumed your "Hidden City" would be more cosmopolitan.

Very cool.

Freaking awesome map! How did you make it?

I will say that I assumed your "Hidden City" would be more cosmopolitan.

Very cool.
I use Inkarnate. Pretty easy to use for map making (and impatient) idiots like me. I thought of it being one huge city but in thinking through a post apocalyptic economy, thought it made sense that it would be divergent (especially since most of the refugees would be remenants of allies of the Empire) and would needs farms and such, with Druidic traditions playing an important role. Also thought that there would be some level of segregation. Bastion would be the base of the Original Emperor and his retinue, with the Dwarves settling in at RiftHammer (and others- primary source of ores and metals), Tal-Kaer would be the most cosmopolitan of them all.

There would also be strict rules on procreation, thus limiting the population as well. Currently thinking through how old organizations would have evolved in this environment, and what that means from a race and class perspective.

One of the ways to have population control could be through some sort of culling event when kids reach adulthood. I was thinking of making this a funnel adventure for the first session. Any thoughts around what this could look like?

squeen

Send them into an underworld to place an offering in a deep temple. There's some sort of slithing, intelligent grendel-beast down there that eats the unlucky annually (+ other dangers). The whole complex predates the city construction...?

Carl Sargent's work is pretty damn good:

Role-playing publications as Keith Martin[edit]
The best Warhammer campaign (and i'd argue fantasy campaign) ever. Some of the better (pretty damn awesome actually) 2nd gen D&D adventures...I need to pick up his other works. Love finding random treasures I didn't know about (had no idea about the Keith Martin stuff). All of this came about in going down the rabbit hole with Iuz