New Year's Adventure Design Contest - The Lair

Guy Fullerton

*eyeroll*
@The1True that seemed to me like a pretty even-handed, thoughtful critique. Gann, like anything else, is only gonna work for some people. Not the first complaint about repetition either; I heard about someone who chopped it up and made it significantly smaller, with less repetition.

Anyway, I still don't know whether I can join in the competition. My lair is almost done (just played some of it tonight), but it might be going into a community sandbox project, so would feel weird if I also submitted it here. Maybe, just maybe, I key one of @DangerousPuhson 's maps for this, but that will come down to inspiration and time.

Malrex

So ... slow work day? Every day?
@The1True that seemed to me like a pretty even-handed, thoughtful critique. Gann, like anything else, is only gonna work for some people. Not the first complaint about repetition either; I heard about someone who chopped it up and made it significantly smaller, with less repetition.

Anyway, I still don't know whether I can join in the competition. My lair is almost done (just played some of it tonight), but it might be going into a community sandbox project, so would feel weird if I also submitted it here. Maybe, just maybe, I key one of @DangerousPuhson 's maps for this, but that will come down to inspiration and time.
I think the 5-7 people who check out this forum wouldn't ruin any surprises for your community sandbox project and could offer constructive criticism and extra eyes upon it--if you wanted it. The last contest, one of the adventures was submitted to the Footprints #25 magazine--a community project (which, will hopefully get published soon....).

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Cool. To be clear, it's still top three indy for me. Up there with Barrowmaze and Xyntillan and maybe(?) a tie with ASE. I might also be bitter because I couldn't find it in print and hated scrolling around the PDF on my Kindle...

Like Malrex said, there's like 6.5 of us here, but despite my complaints, the judging has been comprehensive which is always helpful if you're thinking of going to a wider audience. Fair's fair though, contestants should be able to read each other's work...

TerribleSorcery

Should be playing D&D instead
Sorry lads, but school has me over a barrel until April. I gotta go get paid, I'm sure you understand. I barely have time to prep for my home game! I will happily help with judging, if it's needed.

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Is anyone actually participating? I'm a few weeks off from finishing the keying on the lair I would have submitted...