OSRIC

EOTB

So ... slow work day? Every day?
I put the site up last year with the help of several very cool people. I've never announced it because I haven't been able to secure the time to feed it. Forums are something I can contribute to at odd moments of my day wherever I'm at, but I can't do that with the site. (Why my blog also is mostly neglected)..

I hope to get it running full bore this year, but it's designed to be agnostic to any one author/creator - a tentpole site for anyone to use. So its utility will (like all things) depend upon individuals willing to use it to get the word out about their 1E/OSRIC products/blogs/podcasts, etc.

Malrex

Looks friggin awesome!
When you announce it, let me know. Would be happy to put a link or a blog post about it on my blog.

Needs the Sisters of Pestilence up there from Dragonsfoot as it's OSRIC.

EOTB

I asked Thork previously if he wanted to put up a creator profile or list his adventures there, and he declined. That's part of what I mean by its success is tied to creator participation. I for sure won't have time to scour the internet and aggregate what others do, and I'd really rather not anyway so as to avoid someone complaining their work is listed without their permission - an exception to this is pointing towards WOTC's official AD&D products on DTRPG, as I'm just mirroring their official purchase portal. (plus I don't think they mind anyone driving buyers to that source)

Last edited:

EOTB

One thing I forgot - OSRIC's "official" home is and will always be at K&KA

But the K&KA site is designed to house/distribute OSRIC, not promote independent authors using OSRIC. The intent of this site was a free promotion tool for anyone using the OSRIC license to promote themselves, or even someone just making 1E material that's not specifically OSRIC (like Guy Fullerton's modules).

Malrex

I asked Thork previously if he wanted to put up a creator profile or list his adventures there, and he declined. That's part of what I mean by its success is tied to creator participation. I for sure won't have time to scour the internet and aggregate what others do, and I'd really rather not anyway so as to avoid someone complaining their work is listed without their permission - an exception to this is pointing towards WOTC's official AD&D products on DTRPG, as I'm just mirroring their official purchase portal. (plus I don't think they mind anyone driving buyers to that source)
Pestilence was by M.W. Poort. But ya, I get what you are saying and makes sense.

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
That's cool! I found your site! It looks really slick.

The other link is the one I remember. I thought someone was trying to usurp it. Glad it's a friendly face.

Only nit is that the server is slow to load the images (for me). Is it creating them on the fly? If so, you should see if you can have it cache the thumbnails---would be faster.

Great idea, BTW...a one-stop portal. Hope it works out. Could do more for the 1e hobby than anything else. Organization/communication matters.

Last edited:

EOTB

Pestilence was by M.W. Poort. But ya, I get what you are saying and makes sense.
D'oh! Yes, if it's a DF adventure, Steve's given the OSRIC site permission to mirror traffic back to DF. So I'll get that updated. Thanks for the heads up - yeah, I got that scrambled with Thork's latest.

Edit - it's already loaded up on the site, so Mario must be continuing to shepherd it even though I've been a sluggard. I owe that guy several cases of his favorite beverage.

Last edited:

EOTB

That's cool! I found your site! It looks really slick.

The other link is the one I remember. I thought someone was trying to upsurp it. Glad its a friendly face.

Only nit is that the server is slow to load the images (for me). Is it creating them on the fly? If so, you should see if you can have it cache the thumbnails---would be faster.

Great idea, BTW...a one-stop portal. Hope it works out. Could do more for the 1e hobby than anything else. Organization/communication matters.
Thanks!

Yeah, it's friendly. I approached Matt and Stuart before launching it and they were OK with me doing it. I put on the bottom that they're not affiliated (although they're always welcome to contribute however they may wish, certainly) so that someone doesn't presume to go bothering them with complaints if they have them.

As far as the pictures - I dunno? I'm not technical, but this is the first of that complaint that I've heard. Everyone else that's commented re: speed has said how lightning fast it is to load. One of my "asks" was that the code was lean for speed, since I don't care about gathering any info on visitors.