Roll20?

marksable

*eyeroll*
I'm wondering how many of you use Roll20 for games?

Despite living in a major city (LA) I've rarely been able to get a consistent group so I've run three campaigns over about that many years on Roll20. I use Discord for voice and Roll20 for maps, monster and players stats and dice rolls - for 5E it makes that stuff easy, especially if you are using published adventures that Wotc supports. Which I have only done a bit of, but still the maps are nice.

Not that I'm running Forbidden Caverns of Archaia, I found I was able to import the maps by copying the from the PDF. Does anyone else do that?

I tried doing the same for Barrowmaze because I wanted it in my sandbox but for some reason the PDF I have (which is for the 5E version, even though I own print copies of both versions) won't let me copy. I tried taking screenshots from my ipad but the resolution isn't good enough.

Anyone else do something similar with maps for Roll 20? Anyone who has the OSR Barrowmaze PDF done it? I don't mind buying it, but I don't want to buy it just to find out I can't copy from it either.

Two orcs

Officially better than you, according to PoN
I ran Barrowmaze (osr PDF) over roll20. I zoomed in on the map, print screened in sections then pasted them together again in Paint.

Slick

*eyeroll*
Some PDF readers have a snapshot/snipping tool, at least Foxit does (free). That might give you better results than your device's screenshot feature.

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
Open the PDF in GIMP, then export in some other format. Apple's Preview application (OS X) can do that too.

EOTB

So ... slow work day? Every day?
It's a near-clone of photoshop that's free; the libreoffice of image software.

I've used both roll20 and fantasy grounds; I tend to like fantasy grounds better, but roll20 worked just fine. I play more on VTTs now than I do face to face as it's easier to schedule. Still like FtF better, but them's the breaks.

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Anyone else do something similar with maps for Roll 20? Anyone who has the OSR Barrowmaze PDF done it? I don't mind buying it, but I don't want to buy it just to find out I can't copy from it either.
I had no problem opening the original PDF in photoshop and ripping them to a Roll20-friendly format. I'm not sure of the legalities of sharing those maps, but there's a guy out there who did a prettier job with some kind of dungeon design software for VTT (and now I can't find it) but I did spot this in the process of looking for it.

--Wow, I went back looking for those fancy VTT maps I mentioned and they are really really just gone. Anyway... PM me I guess if you can't find something that works?