Surgerock Vault for Bryce's contest

Malrex

So ... slow work day? Every day?
Hey people,

I got a free OSE adventure to download on my blog. This is the adventure I submitted for Bryce's contest. I ramble about my thinking/design process for the adventure. Feel free to download it: Surgerock Vault

If you use it, let me know!
Enjoy!

Two orcs

Officially better than you, according to PoN
How is the reflection of the basilisk both harmless and lethal to itself?

Malrex

So ... slow work day? Every day?
How is the reflection of the basilisk both harmless and lethal to itself?
I had to double check what you were talking about...that part is in the OSE rules.
I don't think it's too clear...but basically I believe its saying that when someone is using a mirror to fight the basilisk--it they see it through the mirror, it's harmless. But if the basilisk sees itself in the mirror, then it can be lethal. So its talking about 2 different things. I actually remember scratching my head when I transferred it over to the adventure.

Commodore

*eyeroll*
It's really funny, I went with floating tower in the water and a side of basilisk in my little write-up too (although mine was by no means a polished adventure, it was a few hours in an afternoon). My home campaign lizardmen are a little odd though, so that was different.

Good work, Malrex.

Two orcs

Officially better than you, according to PoN
I'll qualify my earlier praise. Every room is a metal set piece that together form a coherent whole. While the creatures are standard they are literally presented as larger and more epic than regular of their kind (the kobolds are only larger in ambition). A sword that's too large to wield by mortals (but set up for wielding thanks to the potion you find early). Each chimera head having separate and clear personalities will make roleplaying it a hoot.