Recent content by grodog

1. grodog

Shogun

Hoho: https://deadline.com/2024/05/hiroyuki-sanada-deal-shogun-renewed-season-2-fx-emmys-drama-1235911076/ Allan.
  2. grodog

Create a Deity Contest

I’ll look at the example post too, thanks, as I’ve not read F&A (but I think I may have a copy in the FR box in the basement, perhaps). Allan.
  3. grodog

Shogun

I haven’t seen anything but the above meme, but I did enjoy the original Shogun series and novel. I’ve heard that the new one is significantly shorter than the original series, but is that simply because the show only released a single season thus far, or is it a one-off that’s done now (and...
  4. grodog

Create a Deity Contest

Interesting concept, Aaron! To clarify, you’re looking for the full god, plus specialty priest, plus one or more spell, right: not an a la carte among those three? Allan.
  5. grodog

General Discussion

Agreed. Anthony Huso has done this to good effect in some of his adventures, too. Allan.
  6. grodog

Persistence of Fucking Vision: They're like Dreams! The motionless pictures are moving?!

Same player shared some bard songs written and performed by AI, at least one of which was pretty hilariously over-the-top exhibiting the worst traits of a lounge lizard, jazz crooner, and metal power ballad rolled into one song ;) Allan.
  7. grodog

General Discussion

I find these kinds of sidebar asides very useful in general, and in particular for more complex and/or plot-convoluted adventures. Pagan Publishing doing them in the 1990s in their CoC campaigns is the first time I recall seeing PT reports regularly in adventures. Allan.
  8. grodog

General Discussion

Agreed, whole-heartedly. Modules, to be useful, need to be modular and portable, since (as of the old 1999 or 2000 player survey) many (most?) campaigns were run in homebrewed settings. (I’m not sure how that data has evolved over the last 25 years, but WorC certainly kept polling the customer...
  9. grodog

Persistence of Fucking Vision: They're like Dreams! The motionless pictures are moving?!

While my inclination is to agree, some of the players in my Greyhawk campaign have put AI artwork to good use for character portraits in particular. Agreed. The ethical issues are a huge concern with generative AI in particular. Our oldest son wrote an excellent paper for college about the...
  10. grodog

Who played games with Jim Ward?

I played a few MA games with Jim at NTX and/or GaryCon, but it has been a little while now (definitely pre-COVID). Allan.
  11. grodog

My "Megadungeon"

Speaking of dungeon design, Tony “Wheggi” Rosten and I will begin working on issue #4 of _The Twisting Stair_ in May (of this year;) ), so if you have ideas or suggestions you’d like us to consider, please speak up :) Allan.
  12. grodog

My "Megadungeon"

You need dungeons or dungeon maps? Allan.
  13. grodog

My "Megadungeon"

Was that my suggestion?? Allan.
  14. grodog

Book Fucking Talk

The one I’ve been waiting on since the late ‘80s/early ‘90s is Gerold’s _War Against the Chtorr_ series, which has made GoT look timely in comparison ;) Good series about an ecological invasion of Earth, set in the near-future. Not sure if that’s what Bryce had mentioned though. Allan.
  15. grodog

Book Fucking Talk

So, is Aliera e'Kieron a video game character, then?? Allan.