SQART

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
A pair of Medusas (Medusa? Medusi?).

Finding Sauron's ring?

Toying with Perseus --- with a subconscious Death Wish
(sorry, got a bit surreal with the proportions)

On the later, I thought it would be cool if her hair was sort of a quasi-astral cloud of snakes that just floated around her as if underwater. I think I'll try to redo this one someday.

squeen

This one was me trying to get comfortable with inking...and making lots of ridiculous (un-erasable!) mistakes, but I turned a blind eye and kept at it. I was looking at a lot of Bernie Wrightson's work/technique for inspiration. His illustrated Frankenstein is generally recognized as a masterpiece.

The background is still pencil (for now), and I was working on perspective vanishing points with it.

EDIT: Updated the background.

Last edited:

Malrex

So ... slow work day? Every day?
I love that eye...of the eye of the beholder. The inking is looking good too.

squeen

Another orc --- this one was was drawn in a rapid flurry of frustration after another piece that I spend way more time on went sour. The result surprised me and I left it raw. Perhaps all the other effort was just "warm up". :rolleyes:

Getting close to the end of my backlog.

squeen

A very wooden pose (Orc calisthenics?) and some poor propotionality, but pulling off a 3/4 rear view was a small win, so it's a keeper.

Last edited:

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
Its a Fritz Lang joint
Juxtaposes maybe a murderer vs mob rule
Like Halloween kills but good
Climaxes in a chase through the slums/ undercity

squeen

A couple of character sketches, including a very gnomish looking dwarf.

Just one more tomorrow.

squeen

We've reached the end of the run of my backlog illustrations with a whimper instead of a bang. A gollum-like orc fishing (or perhaps acting as a lure) in a slightly-off pose + perspective exercise. I hope you all enjoyed the show.

Lastly, here is a small personification of D&D Hobby Art, tempting me to pick up a pencil and draw when life has so many more serious matters that need attending:

"Get behind me, [Art]!"

squeen

Anatomy practice + another orc...
...sneaking up behind Mr. Physique to club him over the head right while he's thinking he's got it made---because that's Life.

Last edited:

squeen

I was going to finish up the central figures on this one, but have decided what it really needs is an overhaul, so I plan a future redraw. Here's the notional idea at least. Something along the lines of a Whelan-esque '70s paperback cover? Even the Pterodactyl is out-of-date!

Last edited: