Recent content by Alexander Moonbeam

1. A

So I was reading the Monster Manual...

I'm interested to know what sort of career path leads one to be a Cleric on a pirate ship. Is there a god of pirates? Someone needs to come up with a name and some lore for the god of pirates.
  2. A

How do you actually Planescape?

The fact that it walks will do a lot of the heavy lifting in that regard.
  3. A

The Classic Adventure Gaming Podcast

Yeah, I don't see any particular reason you couldn't do this type of campaign in Eberron. Hell, I'm running this type of campaign right now in Bushido. The Appendix N stuff is flavor. What matters is player agency, interesting challenges, and fair refereeing. I enjoyed the episode I just...
  4. A

Poisons

Paladins and nonevil clerics are forbidden from using poisons. For everyone else, it depends on alignment. I'd rule that Lawful characters generally will shun poison. See Players Handbook page 19. Poisoning people is surely illegal in any civilized culture. There are specific rules for getting...
  5. A

SQART

I wish I had the art-literacy to tell you why I I like these drawings. But, I do not. They're real good, though. What I can say is: Wait, do mind-flayers have tails? I guess we usually only see them wearing concealing robes, so maybe.
  6. A

Itch.io vs DTRPG

I knew it as a video game site, and was surprised when I learned you could also download rpg .pdf's there.
  7. A

Post Mortem & Results

Paladin? More like paladon't, am I right, fellahs?
  8. A

SQART

Whimsical!
  9. A

Shadowdark

Update: He decided to switch to OSE, instead.
  10. A

Shadowdark

I finally took a look at it, as my brother is starting a campaign soon and he invited me to it. It's....I mean, it's fine I guess. I'll play it, because I was invited to. I think I've reached the point where I am no longer capable of being exited by a new Basic D&D variant. I just don't see the...
  11. A

Fixing "Don't Say Vecna"

I'm not familiar with Dungeon Fantasy at all, so I can be of little help regarding its mechanics. Regarding hooks, though, my advice is this: ask the players for their character's motivations. Level 20 PC's ought to be legendary heroes with years of experience and a whole roster of friends...
  12. A

SQART

The speed lines are powerful!
  13. A

Mountains of the Underworld

Now if these mountains were upside-down, jutting "up" into the Earth's hollow core, that would be something.
  14. A

How to teach new DMs procedures for dungeon crawling, etc.

In any case, the 5th Edition Dungeon Master's Guide does, of course use the term "Dungeon Master" inside.
  15. A

Why Assassins are awesome!!!

To be fair, dragonborn in 5th Edition kind of suck. They get a breath weapon, but in terms of damage that is quickly outpaced by a fighter's multiple attacks and even at level 1 can't compare to a wizard's spells. It's a nice fallback if you run out of arrows, or your enemy just happens to be...