grodog's latest activity

• grodog
    grodog replied to the thread Book Fucking Talk.
    So, is Aliera e'Kieron a video game character, then?? Allan.
  • grodog
    grodog replied to the thread Book Fucking Talk.
    re: Herbert and characterization, I disagree that he doesn’t produce characters with sufficient depth you could care about them; my...
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to Howard Andrew Jones's post in the thread My "Megadungeon" with Like Like.
    Paul McCartney wins. The first time he got high (with Dylan and the other Beatles) he was desperate for a piece of paper. Mal Evans...
  • grodog
    grodog replied to the thread My "Megadungeon".
    Some other good resources: - https://greyhawkonline.com/greyhawkwiki/Isle_of_Dread (with index references particularly useful) - the...
  • grodog
    Her play preference sound hand-picked for exploring the drowic underworld, to my ear at least. Lots of deceit and intrigue, double- and...
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to Howard Andrew Jones's post in the thread My "Megadungeon" with Like Like.
    Absolutely. I jotted a few notes last night while I was inspired, so... maybe I'll get to it. Seems like maybe the way to start is with...
  • grodog
    Yep, that’s Chainsaw’s Lake of Fire’s final title/form. Allan.
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to Malrex's post in the thread My "Megadungeon" with Like Like.
    Bah...I think he said he was working on Lake of Fire or something awhile back... But the adventure I meant, which you probably have...
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to Beoric's post in the thread My "Megadungeon" with Like Like.
    Also, creating is an iterative process, and often builds on the work of others. How many of Shakespeare's plays were original stories?
  • grodog
    Agreed, but players also want to test their mettle against the classics too, in addition to defining their own classics of course! My...
  • grodog
    grodog reacted to squeen's post in the thread My "Megadungeon" with Like Like.
    I always recommend writing your own material as opposed to stitching together pre-made products, just because that's far more rewarding...
  • grodog
    Been digging through a lot of old posts, some of which I remember reading a few years back when I was first hanging out here. Lots of...
  • grodog
    Sometimes, once you know the purpose of the place---however humble it may be---in the surrounding world, I am sometimes surprised how a...
  • grodog
    That’s very kind, but in terms of first-hand mega-dungeon-delving at-the-table experience, there are plenty of other folks who’ve got...
  • grodog
    There are some error bars on those percentages, but you are right on target in the observations about what makes it hard to publish...