Recent content by tbdcalm

1. T

Me and the DMG

That was the joke!
  2. T

Me and the DMG

Perhaps you meant "cleric"?
  3. T

The most common mistakes that are the easiest to avoid?

I'm one of those weirdos, who want to only have the outline, not what is "actually, factually happening" in the beginning. I want the adventure to gradually reveal hints about the secrets as I read the rooms, locations and NPCs, because it'll help me prep the information dumps in an unbiased...
  4. T

Looking for online roleplay games

If you want continuity *and* open table play at the same time, check out OSRQ ("Q" stands for "Quickly", "R" stands for "Rocket"??? I'm just kidding, I have no idea what "R" stands for). We play every week, sometimes more than once: https://discord.gg/657u5kFKCS
  5. T

Art choices for The Book ... and Kickstarter

My publishing bucket list is to commission an art from a late-90s Magic: the Gathering artist who painted a card I particularly liked playing with as a kid. I'd better rush though (no pun intended). Surprisingly, some do commissions!
  6. T

Best mini-dungeons?

Recently I've fused together the mummy tomb and the talking heads (I rolled 2x Hellhound 1x Minotaur 1x Cyclops) from Barrowmaze, making 0. The nest of rats as the hook to dig / encounter with normal-sized rats with 1. Level minus one: preserved talking heads are a warning to the travelers...
  7. T

Best mini-dungeons?

I steal rooms from generic megadungeons and fix them to be fun. Buy Caves of Archaia, and Barrowmaze there's a ton of content there with great maps and all. I think it's too boring to run it as a megadungeon, but it's an amazing source of mini-dungeons.
  8. T

I am NOT the fuck amused tonight

I'd love to learn what happened. Perhaps, it's a premise for a small adventure? Perhaps, it's a stipulation for a contest? Have an adventure with the phrases > If your mother fucking ass shows up here and I and I have to reengage on this topic it is NOT going to go the fuck well for you. and...
  9. T

Bryce said...

I felt so smart for trying to survey Bryce's method of the adventure reviews, should've looked for this thread first, lol. I hope that my work will be useful for anyone anyway: https://portal.mozz.us/gemini/soviet.circumlunar.space/sweater/hindsight/2022-07-01-tenfootpole.gmi