Some pricing updates.

Agonarchartist

A FreshHell to Contend With
If you haven't checked out my stuff, or were waiting for a sale to pick things up, that time is now. On Downtime and Demesnes has a price drop and Artifices, Deceptions, & Dilemmas is on sale till next weekend, and Megadungeon #3 is available free if anyone is interested in checking it out. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/5597/Hack--Slash-Publishing

I know this is marketing, but I also know I'd love to be able to pay rent next month.
I've also been making great headway on getting all the older posts back up for links to wisdom, and should have all of them done soon, at the end of the year by the latest.

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
Megadungeon is great stuff! Also for folks here, if you have stuff you are working on C has super reasonable ads available in the Zine!

Thats how I found the Hobbs and Friends podcast

Agonarchartist

A FreshHell to Contend With
Thanks!
If anyone has a project, I'm actually collecting advertisements for issue 6 right now. It's 40$ for an A5 page, 20$ for half, or you know, if you are a hobbyist or financially insecure or whatever, free.

Why doesn't someone put something together for 10' pole as a review site, eh?

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
I'll take a full page.

@squeen You there? I need to commission an ad draw.
I'll do it for free, but my D-day is Oct. 10th, so sometime after that. Any ideas on what you want? Even some words would help solidify it.

Also, T1T's friend is by far the superior artist. Just saying...you won't hurt my feelings.;)

squeen

@bryce0lynch : Started working on this and have a notion. I'm playing with layout ideas --- next I'll rough in a sketch and send it to you. Unfortunately, time is still my Achilles Heel as work hasn't released its stranglehold on my life---just moved the marker further on down the road (February...typical!).

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
Its a really good issue if you have not bought it yet. The coffee enjoyed it so much it spawned another pot.

Courtney is a busy bee, there will be other issues if you all want to jump on that.

Speaking of Bryce, this is a request for In Deadly Fashion, his new adventure from LOTFP.

squeen

The concept and by-line for the ad came to me pretty quickly, but I went through a half dozen failed attempts that I tried sketching out. My mind's eye exceeds my talent by many orders of magnitude right now. I figure I'm not quite at a first-year art student's level yet.

I decided to try again and emphasize a loose, sketchy style in ink---purposely trying to emulate Heinrich Kley's whimsy that appeared in early 20th century satirical magazines like Punch and Puck (precursors to The New Yorker). I thought it would fit Bryce's style better than something more serious.

This one is just a layout. I know there's a lot to fix, but it's the best I was able to produce so far. Large groups of figures interacting are just a tad beyond the limit of my artistic development at the moment. I need to be very careful and deliberate on perspective because I don't have an eye for it it quite yet. I'll try to find time to redo this---fix the gross errors, and add a few more interesting figures/details.

Of course, if Bryce hates it, I either throw it out and start from scratch...or throw in the towel. My feelings will not be hurt if Bryce finds himself a proper illustrator. I have few illusions about my artistic abilities. I'm just at the start of this journey.

Last edited:

bryce0lynch

i fucking hate writing ...
Staff member
Rock on!

I'm getting drunk. I'll comment in more depth later, but we're going with this astounding work

squeen

I'm relieved you like it. Next iteration will be cleaner, with a proper background/horizon/perspective, and hopefully make a bit more sense...like showing who the Satyr-king is ordering about!

Last edited: