Links to Wisdom

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
I just discovered that Pres-Gas (who I also runs the OSRIC wiki) has this mind-bogglingly huge collection of D&D web-links sorted by subject.

Check it out.

Links to Wisdom

Appropraitely, this forum did not make the list.

Osrnoob

Should be playing D&D instead
This is gold thanks!

This guy does amazing work, have you ever used his Hex Describe? Its amazballs, 0 prep inspiration to run and build off at the table

Someone also sent me this and donjon early. Likely not useful to you all but for me it was 3d6 x 10 gold

TerribleSorcery

Oh man, I didn't realize some folks didn't know about that! I use it all the time, been reading since it came out. I knew I'd hit the big-time when one of my blog posts finally made it on there...

Pseudoephedrine

Bottom of the page: "Last edited 2016-08-31 08:02 UTC by Alex (diff)"
This forum started, what, like two years ago?
The listing on the bottom isn't accurate. You can find the most recent version of my Into the Depths system on the page, which I put up in May 2018. I'm not quite sure why it doesn't update properly.

One thing that's going to be brutal at some point is going through and taking out all of Courtney's links now that he's deleted them all and put them up on his Patreon. I believe H&S is the most linked blog on the entire page.

squeen

One thing that's going to be brutal at some point is going through and taking out all of Courtney's links now that he's deleted them all and put them up on his Patreon. I believe H&S is the most linked blog on the entire page.
How sad. The paywall is the assassin of the Great Promise of the internet.

Beoric

How sad. The paywall is the assassin of the Great Promise of the internet.
They aren't on his Patreon either. He has rebuilt his index recently, but with much less content. The Thursday Trick series is sorely missed, and contained better explanations than his Tricks PDF.

Pseudoephedrine

They aren't on his Patreon either. He has rebuilt his index recently, but with much less content. The Thursday Trick series is sorely missed, and contained better explanations than his Tricks PDF.
He and I are no longer in communication, but I think his plan is to reupload them to his Patreon over time, and to integrate them into various publishable products.

Agonarchartist

A FreshHell to Contend With
Yo. It's me. Hack & Slash.
All that stuff is coming back up. The index is coming back up. I'm working very hard on getting out Artifices, Deceptions, and Dilemmas by the end of February.

I took down my blog, because people were using the comments section to describe violent and gruesome threats to me. I'm schitzo-typal, and do not cope well with threats and violence. I'm also experiencing a lot of personal distress, which, well, I'll probably talk about soon.

All of the articles will return, for free, on the blog. The Tricks, Traps, and Empty Rooms document (downloaded well into the hundreds of thousands of times) is still available for free on DTRPG. If you peruse recent posts on my blog, you can see the quality of the art I'm producing for it.

Agonarchartist

I did not think of links to Wisdom, but I will make an effort on getting those posts that link to my blog, back up, post haste. Apologies.

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Yo. It's me. Hack & Slash.
All that stuff is coming back up. The index is coming back up. I'm working very hard on getting out Artifices, Deceptions, and Dilemmas by the end of February.

I took down my blog, because people were using the comments section to describe violent and gruesome threats to me. I'm schitzo-typal, and do not cope well with threats and violence. I'm also experiencing a lot of personal distress, which, well, I'll probably talk about soon.

All of the articles will return, for free, on the blog. The Tricks, Traps, and Empty Rooms document (downloaded well into the hundreds of thousands of times) is still available for free on DTRPG. If you peruse recent posts on my blog, you can see the quality of the art I'm producing for it.
Sucks to hear you're getting harassed like that dude. You bloggers put yourselves out there for the ravening hordes to devour and for that I salute you. Just picked up Downtime and Demesne on Amazon and I'm loving it! Keep up the great work!

squeen

@Agonarchartist Welcome.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. In my lifetime the internet has gone from one of the safest of upscale suburbs to the most dangerous of third-world ghettos. Sounds like you got mugged.

Last edited:

Agonarchartist

You know, to be fair: If you are a public figure in any capacity, whether it be a mayor or writer or public facing social, of any significant note, there will be people who fucking hate you because one time in third grade some bullshit happened.

ALso: I suffer from clinical paranoia, which means I'm a sensitive little bitch. A wary sensitive vocal prick.
Things generally are the way they are for a reason.

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you?
Not helping?
I'll shut up...

Agonarchartist

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you?
Not helping?
I'll shut up...
That is actually a thing. Like, it's a mental illness I'm aware of. It creates compulsive thoughts and worries. It doesn't make me dumb, and those worries are not, by any means, necessarily wrong. Which, over time, reinforces the paranoid thoughts. It's kind of like trying to cut back on added sugar in your diet. Food literally turns into sugar. Managing reality is at times, extremely taxing.
I decided to be a lot more open about my schizophrenia. I hope people can understand from this why I had to shut down that avenue of abuse, and why I took down all the posts over concerns about something being taken out of context.
Moving forward, we are working on managing being a public figure in a more healthy manner.