Lesson learned? Get one out perfect, THEN do conversions?
The LL version was pretty much perfect (a few minor edits here and there). But there is a whole process to try to capture the right vibe for each conversion. DCC 'feels' completely different....some have Referees, some have GMs, some have Judges....the statblocks....some spells dont exist in other rules or called something else, different saving throws, action dice?! Patrons?... etc. I didn't want to slap it together and say it followed this retroclone without really trying to capture the vibe and be correct.
My layout program seems to have gone on the fritz as well...inserting the text into the program made some stuff bold or italics..so had to look for that...and I had to check each and EVERY single bullet point to make sure it was the correct size for all 3 versions because it would keep changing it for whatever reason (and still missed a few in the OSE version (fixed now)). And don't get me started on the page numbers...a 5 min job turned into 2.5 hours.
After this, going to learn a new layout program--Affinity. But Keith Hann helped a bunch with layout editing tips so I learned a bunch which I was very thankful for.
I think overall, glad we did it...made me realize I like the style of OSE, but converting the same adventure over and over has been sucking out my soul. Id prefer to offer different stretch goals, if any, and something mostly to completely finished (writing done) and ready to go for the most part.
I think if COVID wasn't stalling the POD process at DrivethruRPG we would of made the January deadline...who knows, we still got a little time, but I have a feeling I'll need to adjust the gamma/light of the art a bit.