SQART

Beoric

8, 8, I forget what is for
Screenshot 2023-08-06 23.43.19.png
Dungeons & Dragons tells illustrators to stop using AI to generate artwork for fantasy franchise - The Globe and Mail

squeen

Yeah, I caught wind of this brouhaha too. WotC was pretty quick to squelch it. Ironically, it was a human artist that wanted to secretly use AI to grab that paycheck the easy way and not the faceless corporation.

Greed takes us all down the Highway to Hell. The whole thing is a mess.

squeen

A "Medusa-Lich" from an Ethereal Plane adventure I've been toying with again.

Last edited:

squeen

It been so quiet recently, I'll inflcit on you all some Brooks-ian space opera shtick:

"You had your chance Flash Gordon. You could have joined me, ruled by my side, and had wild passionate sex every night of the week (except Thursdays...that's Girl's Night Out).

Instead, you chose to stay with your pathetic Earth woman who wears sensible outfits! So now you must die in the Arena.

Good-bye forever, Flash. Here are some flowers to shove up your nose so you won't have to smell your own stink after you soil your pants.

I won't be staying to watch, so you get to gaze upon my perfect ass one last time as I saunter away to go read a book that Bryce recommended and I'm just starting to get into.

Of course, we'll all just assume that you've been devoured even though you've escaped from this very same arena a dozen times already this month and I've nearly run out of big cats.

Guards! Attend your Queen!
I'm feeling needy."

Last edited:

squeen

Working on faces again since I wasn't happy with the previous one.

Last edited:

squeen

Another spontaneous lunch-time sketch. Sharpie marker over pencils. Lazy fun. (oink!)

"Have any trouble finding the place?"

"Na. Just the usual road noise."

Last edited:

squeen

More goofing around with minimalist light/dark shapes using a fat Sharpie marker

Last edited:

squeen

A short detour in style toward a mildly (Frazetta-like) mature scene. It was an alien-doodle that demanded of me a setting and which got a bit grim-dark.

Making "the rounds" in the...

Last edited:
I wish I had the art-literacy to tell you why I I like these drawings. But, I do not. They're real good, though.

What I can say is: Wait, do mind-flayers have tails? I guess we usually only see them wearing concealing robes, so maybe.

squeen

I'd been away the past week. What a nice surprise! Thanks all.

What I can say is: Wait, do mind-flayers have tails? I guess we usually only see them wearing concealing robes, so maybe.
Thanks for noticing! I definitely went "non canon" with that little artistic flourish. Multiplying that with the OGL's moratorium against using the term "Mind Flayer", I think that sketch would put me in I'm in deep WotC legal doo-doo if amateur fan-art wasn't so utterly removed from anyone's radar. :p

Last edited:

squeen

A very lazy Saturday morning sketch while I waited on some work results...rife with mistakes.

A Searching Eye from Hawk's excellent Bottomless Pit of Zorth*
(* taken out of context and placed in front of a seriously crappy castle)

Generally any composition that places the object dead-center is considered poor. This is one of my many ill-considered contributions to the history of art that helps to drive that point home.

Last edited: