Completely Unfathomable

squeen

8, 8, I forget what is for
I always liked this adventure module. It seemed very OD&D to me. The very definition of gonzo.

Looks like the associated world Odious Uplands along with a "Complete" version of OU has been shipped out to Kickstarter backers as of Jan. 15th, 2023.

Hopefully we'll se some of this in the Hydra Collective store at some point soon.

EDIT: Here it is!

The1True

My my my, we just loooove to hear ourselves don't we?
Ho. Lee. Shit!

I got roped into that Kickstarter back when the original Grognardia promoted it back in what; 2015? I'd given up on it entirely in despair (especially after Bryce's scathing review) and then like 6 months ago I got a message from the backer that they were collecting delivery addresses! Ha! The community was delighted to pile on and take a giant dump on JMal's Dwimmermount fiasco, but this, THIS has been an EPIC shambles, and all the dudes involved should be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

squeen

Ho. Lee. Shit!

I got roped into that Kickstarter back when the original Grognardia promoted it back in what; 2015? I'd given up on it entirely in despair (especially after Bryce's scathing review) and then like 6 months ago I got a message from the backer that they were collecting delivery addresses! Ha! The community was delighted to pile on and take a giant dump on JMal's Dwimmermount fiasco, but this, THIS has been an EPIC shambles, and all the dudes involved should be tarred and feathered and run out of town.
All's forgiven if it's actually good. :)

Jason Soltis faded away from the OSR...probably because of the mountain of work this entailed. I wonder if he'll reemerge now.

Grützi

Should be playing D&D instead
Wow cool.
DMed Operation Unfathomable a few times... real blast that one. One of the definitive gonzo adventures out there.
I was afraid to enver see Odious Uplands... cool, indeed.

squeen

Soltis responded to my question as to whether or not there would be a S&W version of Completely Unfamthomable
Soltis said:
Completely Unfathomable S&W is not yet available but will be soon.
Which is what I'll wait for.

grodog

*eyeroll*
Jason Soltis faded away from the OSR...probably because of the mountain of work this entailed. I wonder if he'll reemerge now.
When I was catching up with him by email (alas the new books weren't going to be available in time for GaryCon), it sounded like he had some more irons in the fire :D

Allan.