Before the PC I was using died (and took my copy of InDesign with it), I was toying around with some more DM-friendly layouts. I had come to a format I really liked:
The room description was essentially two or three sentences of read-aloud with bolded elements (which were things in the room that had further information when investigated). Each bolded item got a follow-up line.
Below the description and the bolded items were more sections (only if present in the room): Exits, Traps, Encounters, Treasures, Boon/Bane. The reason I put these things in their own little sections below was because it would be easier to isolate them (so to speak), since the information they held always applied after describing the room to the players.
I also had little icons next to the room number and name which identified things like light/darkness, sound, or the presence of creatures, since these are elements that travel "beyond the room" and should be seen by the DM before actually reading through the room (since light, sound, and creatures can be detected before entering a room). I had duplicated this effort on the map (showing the position of monsters and the routes they'd travel or areas they'd move to defend, as well as things like the color of the light).
There were also some ease-of-use features I'd incorporated to minimize page-flipping: map insets, color-coded reference "tabs" (think like the standard page numbering system of a book, except with room numbers instead), and sidebars that scrawled along the margins rather than inset themselves in the text area.
You'd think that it would all be too much information, but I was able to consistently cram 4-5 rooms per page using this layout (maybe two or three per page for complex rooms, or on pages with inset maps included). With proper whitespace management and bulleting, it came out surprisingly uncluttered.
I really hope to boot up my old PC and show you guys what it looked like one of these days. I did nearly a whole dungeon in the format (like 50+ pages).